Friday, February 8, 2008

Pizza and a Movie Night

Sometime with in the last few months, Friday nights have become our pizza and a movie night. Sometimes we order the pizza but most times the girls and Sean make it. They do a great job too. We use the pre-made shells from Safeway and they always turn out yummy. Each girl gets their own to build, Sean does the chopping and prep and the girls build them.

Tonight the salami was bad (Superstore meat, what else) so they used left overs, who knew roast beef on pizza would taste so good! Its the only time we eat dinner in front of the tv, despite random beggings from the girls on other evenings. The girls sit in their rocking chairs at the coffee table and eat and then end up cuddling with us on the couch.
I usually catch a little nap during the movie. Prolly cuz I am also nursing and it makes me sleepy! But tonight, I stayed awake, must have been that 5:30 jolt of caffiene. Yum.

Our film of the evening was Arthur and the Invisibles. Great show, although Keira said she didn't like the bad guys. Who does I said. I think it would have been a great book to read. That Freddie Highmore (Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the Johnny Depp version) is a great little actor. I believe he is going to be in the new movie the Spiderwick Chronicles. This was also a great book, albeit a children's book, but hey, so is Harry Potter. I picked it up at Costco, its acutally 5 little 100 page books rolled into one. Fast and easy read.

Today's funny: Keira and I were playing tea party. When she gave me my cup I asked if it was tea or coffee and she said coffee. I politely drank it up and when she served me my second cup she says, Here Mommy, I made you a Gingerbread Latte! Oh my! I laughed out loud. Of course I love Gingerbread Lattes and have turned Sean onto them as well. Then she tells me that Daddy makes them for me, I said no, he just brings them for me. Kids, don't miss a thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a great night, cuddleing with the kids makes all those long days at work worth it!