Monday, February 11, 2008

Almost a Roller

We spent some time tonight with Kaylum on the floor. He doesn't get a lot of tummy time because he usually has some big sister mauling him. He is 4 1/2 months now, and still not rolling over. Mostly because he doesn't get to practice. He is oh so close though. I am alright with his immobility. I like that I can plunk him and he stays put.
Kaylum is doing really well with sitting on his own and depending on how he feels, will do it for awhile. If not, he just folds in half. Nose to the toes. Yeah its funny, especially when he pukes in your lap while doing it! And you are in public and it takes 3 wipes to clean it up. No, I didn't pee myself, its baby puke. Thanks for noticing.

All my pants have baby puke on them. All my shirts have baby slobber and snot on them.
Hmmm wonder why jeans and hoodies have become my uniform of choice since becoming a mother of 3?

Kaylum also found his sweet voice today. He has started babbling today. Its adorable! He is becoming so responsive to the girls. They make all sorts of noise at him and he laughs back. He especially likes the high pitch squeely voice that Keira has mastered. All I can say is Ouch! Its hard on the ears. But we will endure to see the sweet smile of our baby. He is certainly adored by all.

I often wonder how he will be as an adult male in his relationships with women. Growing up with 2 big sisters is going to be an interesting journey for this little guy. I talk to women with older children, their son being the youngest. They tell me their son's have a better understanding of women. I hope that is true for Kaylum. He will already be a catch, lets face it, he's the son of 2 fabulous people. LOL! But a better understanding of women, who could ask for more?
But that is years away. Right now, I am enjoying the heck out of this little guy. I don't remember actually noting to myself how much I enjoyed the girls as babies. Perhaps because with Kylie, it was new and I had no idea what I was doing. With Keira, well she was a tough baby and Kylie was so young as well. But with Kaylum, I guess I have the confidence of knowing how to take care of an infant that I can just enjoy him.

No comments: