Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Still Sick

Welll no one told me Spring Break was a break from being healthy. My poor Kylie has been battling this stomach bug all week. I am hoping today will be the turn around.
By last night she hadn't eaten anything all day except a small handful of fish crackers. She was hardly drinking. All she wanted to do was lay on the couch and watch tv. She was dizzy and it hurt to move. We were starting to worry about dehydration. We gave her toast and jello for dinner. Both were hardly touched. A 5 year old refusing jello! Must be bad. Sean went out and got her some Popsicles. Didn't want them. She ended up going to bed with some water.
She seems better this morning. I told her she needs to start eating and drinking or else we will have to take her to the hospital. She is trying, she nibbled a little toast. I gave her a pedialite freezie and she gobbled that up! YEAH! Finally something that works. I am going to give her another soon. She still doesn't want jello.

Poor Keira, her nose is right out of joint, seeing her sister eating a freezie for breakfast. I have been explaining all morning that it is medicine not a treat. She doesn't get it. Why is sucking something out of a plastic tube so appealing to kids? Be it a pedialite freezie or a yogurt tube.

I want to get out of this house! I need to get out! Actually I do. I am out of nursing tea and need to pick up some veggies for Easter dinner on Sunday. The sun makes this feeling worse. Althought they said snow for today, I hope its not true.



Sorry Kylie there are no pics of you to post today. :o(

No comments: