Saturday, August 30, 2008

Victoria aka The Funk Invasion!

Last weekend we made a little trip to the island to see our friends Toni and Terri and their little girl Amaryllis. They moved into their new house in April and did this awesome reno on their kitchen. Beautiful!! Their whole house was awesome! I love older houses, they have great character and I love Victoria so much. We had such a great time!




We spent Friday evening at Buchart Gardens, where despite many trips to Victoria, I haven't been since I was a little, little girl. Sean had never been. It was so beautiful there! I was really wishing for a macro lens let me tell ya! There was a live oldies rock and roll band there as well. So we did some strolling and then made our way over to listen to the band. The girls danced and danced. Did somersaults and ran around. It was so fun to watch them. They wiped themselves out. Kaylum loved the music and was bopping around to it. I wish we could have spent a little more time there. We will have to go again for sure!


On Saturday we spent the morning at the butterfly gardens. What a great place. There were hundreds of butterflies flying around. Also a few exotic birds. Here too I was missing a macro lens, but never the less got some great shots. The girls had a lot of fun here too. After we headed downtown to the children's fringe festival in Market Square. I was so surprised at the lack of people there. You would think something in downtown Victoria on a beautiful summer day would be jammed packed, but it wasn't. It was awesome. We saw a puppet show, a children's entertainer, the girls painted and then got their faces painted. We ate some awful sushi that took way too long to make and watched Kaylum have fun with a balloon. We didn't do any shopping. Yes you heard me right. LOL!
That evening the girls watched a movie and the adults talked. The girls all got along so well. It was really nice to see them play so well together. We also had a few too many drinks and played the Wii! Good times!!

Sunday it rained so we stayed in the house and just relaxed. We made the 5 pm ferry and it was packed! We walked around for 20 minutes trying to find a spot to sit to eat our dinner. We ended up on the floor tucked away in a corner so we could eat. I guess with the rain, most people were inside taking up the seats. But despite that, we had an awesome weekend! I can't wait to go back for another visit!

OK APPARENTLY BLOGGER IS NOT GOING TO LET ME DOWNLOAD MORE PICS, SO STAYED TUNED, I WILL POST MORE TOMORROW!

No comments: