Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cake Smash

To honor Kaylum's first birthday tomorrow, I booked a session with Jillian for a smash the cake session. Its when you put your naked (well diaper only) baby in front of a cake and let them go at it and take pictures!
My new friend Shawna made this awesome cake for us and over to Jill's we went. Kaylum had a blast sitting behind this cake, taking little swipes at the icing and sucking it off his fingers and making "yum" and "hmm" noises. His feet got the most icing on them and he was sampling off his toes too. Then he was picking off the polk a dots, some he ate, some he put back on top of the cake!
I finally had to break a little piece of cake off for him and he held it in his hand while still sucking on his other fingers! It was so much fun and Jill and I had a great time watching him enjoy the most sugar he has ever had in his life!
Stay tuned to Jill's blog for a sneak peak! I know I can't wait to see the results!

The cake wasn't smashed at all. It just has a little chunk out of it. This picture is of course I before that I took.

4 comments:

cathy said...

Great idea Sarah! The photos are so great!!

cathy said...

PS Shawna! Great job on the cake!!!

Shawna said...

It was an honor to do up the "smash cake" - I'm glad ya'll had a great time with it!

Happy Birthday K!

jennifer said...

awesome cake!