Saturday, May 23, 2009

Disneyland |Day 1|

So I promised Disney pictures. I think I am almost done mourning the end of our vacation but I did get another 600+ of Dad's pictures yesterday and made me miss the trip more. It was definalty a trip of a life time. I wanted to blog about it while we were gone, but we were so busy and so tired by the end of the day, it just didn't get to it.

So here are some from day 1. It was a very early start to the day. Our flight left Vancouver at 8:30 am so that made for a 4:30 wake up call for us. The kids did so well and I think the sheer excitement kept us all going (me on 4 hrs sleep!). We parked at the Park and Ride and made our way over the the airport. I have never traveled on a plane with 3 kids before, so it was a real adventure. We had 2 strollers, 7 suitcases, 4 carry-ons, a lap top, diaper bag and a camera bag. We also had my sister and parents, not all that gear was ours.

After passing through security we had some breakfast, little did we know that there was a Tim Hortons a little further down the way from here. We paid waaaaay to much for breakfast! Sean was crushed he missed his Timmy's.

Entertaining the kids on the plane. There was no movie or no napping.

Alright maybe a little napping. Emphasis on little.
All the kids were a dream on the plane, the flight was 3 hours and I wouldn't want it to be much longer. We played cards and scrabble on Dad's DS. Kaylum wandered a little but mostly jumped from lap to lap.

Kaylum was fasinated by looking out the window. On our decent into LA he sat looking for a good half hour if not more.

Finally on the shuttle to Anahiem. This was a long wait for the kids, they knew we were finally there but the wait for the shuttle was long and they were anxious. The poor people on the bus had to listen to Kaylum scream for most of the ride.

We got to the hotel around 2pm and our rooms weren't ready. So we went for lunch at Mimi's it was right across from our hotel and man were we hungry. The food was delicious and I totally recommend you eat there if you are ever at Disneyland. We did have a problem with our hotel rooms not being adjoining and backing onto the freeway, both things we had requested not to have and we did have to discuss things with the manager. But it worked out in the end.

We stayed at the Howard Johnson and despite our hiccup, I would stay there again. But I will pass on this advice, if you have special requests for your hotel, call them. I know our travel agent did and its not her fault at all, something got lost along the way. This hotel has an amazing water park for the kids. And a second pool for a quiter swim. The beds were comfy (in our adjoining rooms) and it was very close to Disney.


We spent the rest of the day swimming and relaxing. I think we were all asleep by 9, or just after. It was a long day and we were so excited to get into the park the next day!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Sarah It looks like you had such a fun time there .And the water slide is amazing.We must try Mimi's when We go there.Have a great weekend.