Monday, December 6, 2010

Disney on Ice

On Sunday we took the kids to Disney on Ice. We haven't been since Kaylum was a baby so we were excited to get to go again. We were even more excited that it was held in Abbotsford at the Abbotsford Entertainment & Event Centre! It was so great to be able to see this kind of event without making the hour or so trip into Vancouver. In fact, it was probably better because the arena is smaller so even though you are in the "cheap seats" and higher up from the ice, you aren't as high up as you would be if you were watching it in the "cheap seats" at the Rogers Arena/GM Place, so really, the cheap seat were good seats! That's a mouthful!











In case you are interested, most of the photos I took of the characters on the ice, I took with my point and shoot and without my flash. Chances are if I used my flash, I would have lit up the head of the guy in front of me and may have had the characters show up dark. Your flash will illuminate the first thing it hits (which is usually the guy in front of you). The nice thing about this situation is, you don't need a flash. Those spotlights are perfect and give plenty of light. I did crank up my ISO to 800 so there is some grain. But I'd rather grain than flash.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a great show!